How can I keep my flowers looking fresh and happy?
1. Make sure your vase is clean and rinsed out well.
2. Fill your vase with room temperature water and flower food.
3. At and angle, cut 3/4" to one inch from the bottom of the stems to allow the flowers the best chance to take up water.
4. Place your flowers in the vase, make sure all the stems are submerged and remove any leaves below the waterline.
5. Keep your flowers away from direct sunlight, heating or cooling vents, fans and ripening fruit.
6. If possible, trim your stems and change your arrangement’s water every other day to give your flowers the best change at a long life.
7. Not all flowers are created equal and some will faster than others. Remove blooms from the arrangement as they wilt.
I'm unsure of the quality of my flowers. Can someone help?
Flowers are an organic product and sometimes we are at the mercy of Mother Nature. If you think your bouquet needs a bit more than a little TLC, please contact us right away and we would be happy to help!
How do I take care of my orchid plant?
Temperature: Orchid plants enjoy the same temperatures as a person might! The minimum temperature at night is 15-18 °C, while the average daytime temperature should be around 23-29 °C. So do what you can to protect your plant from the cold Montreal winter.
Light: Phalaenopsis orchid plants will flourish indoors under normal lighting conditions, with indirect sunlight being the most advantageous.
Water: Water often enough to keep continuous moisture just below the surface of the medium, but be cautious of over-watering. Watering once a week is normally sufficient to keep your plant healthy and happy!
Re-Blooming: When the last flower drops, cut your orchid halfway down the stem. Continue caring for it and wait for a possible rebloom.